Saturday, June 13, 2009

Using Images in the Classroom

It is extremely important to cater to all students' learning styles. I know that I am a visual learner where other students may learn by listening or doing. No matter what style helps students learn, images are important to use in lessons to help students make connections with what they are learning. People learn more deeply with images paired with words than only words. Pictures also keep the attention of the classroom if they are used within lessons.

It is very important that my students understand how they should use protected images. Copyright laws are very important, and by using the Creative Commons website, I can show my students the correct way to use images and how to protect their own work.











Photo attribution:

Original Image: "kids demonstrate their alphabet - _MG_5229"
Image URL: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3638/3611706019_5404887240_m.jpg
By: Sean Dreilinger

Released Under an Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/deed.en

Visit my own flickr page and check out the pictures from our trip to New Oreleans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment